With cooling temperatures, fewer people and the opportunity to experience trees transforming from a spectrum of green to a stunning palette of yellows, oranges and reds, fall is one of the best times for a camping adventure in Idaho. Whether it’s just an overnight trip or an extended weekend expedition, Tested in Idaho companies offer everything you need for a fun, warm and safe experience. To kickstart your planning and packing, here are eight must-have products for a successful outing among the fall foliage.
- Comfortable, functional and breathable are three critical qualities your clothing should have when camping. FirstLite creates clothing fit for any season, making sure you’re dressed for whatever type of weather awaits you.
- Idaho’s mountain peaks can have you feeling like you’re on top of the world with their breathtaking panoramic views. Spot all the fall colors, as well as wildlife from any distance, with a set of Upland Optics binoculars.
- There are two essentials everyone should have in their pack: a sharp, lightweight knife and a reliable fire starter. Get both items in one package with Renegade Outdoor’s UltraFire Knife, which features a 2 1/8-inch blade held in a fire-steel rod made to spark a fire quickly.
- Damp conditions can make finding dry kindling for a fire a challenge. Thankfully, there’s Pinch Pocket Kindling, which is water resistant, guaranteed to burn for approximately 15 minutes and fits in any pack.
- The weather can get a little misty this time of year, and the last thing you want is for your camp setup to get soaked. Keep you and your gear dry with a durable Dragon Fly Tarp.
- Just because you’re camping doesn’t mean you have to settle for freeze-dried food. Fire up your favorite meals with one of Partner Steel’s six Cook Partner stoves.
- Nothing ruins a camping trip like wet, cold feet. Keep your boots dry and your feet warm between hikes with a portable propane shoe dryer from Peet Dryer.
Depending on when you plan your autumn adventure, fall color viewing opportunities may differ across the state. Find the best places to view the autumn leaves here and here. Whenever and wherever you go, you’ll be surrounded by an unforgettable palette of yellows, oranges and reds.
Find more awesome outdoor gear that’s been Tested in Idaho here.